This blog is no longer in use!

Thursday 29 May 2014

Army Of The Lord

Tomorrow at midday, the YWAM gathering starts. It's all very exciting as this is the first Ywam gathering I've been to. I'm really looking forwards to meeting people from some of the other bases across England. The last few days have been very busy for The King's Lodge as there are over two hundred people expected to be coming on Friday and staying through until Sunday. The kitchens, for example, have been organized pandemonium. I know this because I've been working in the hospitality department for the last few days and that's right next to the kitchen. So I've been walking past that a number of times a day. The chefs have already started preparing the meals. The cold room has been quite exciting. Today I was shocked at the amount of milk I saw in there (to view a photo to see what I mean, click here) when I was going to get the fruit for one of the hospitality baskets (which are part of the welcome packets for the rooms). I don't think I've seen so much milk outside of the supermarket. The King's Lodge has a really big kitchen, as they're making food to feed many people.

I don't think I'm going to have time to write another post before we leave for London so I'll write about my experience at King's Lodge and what next week should be looking like. Well, I've had an amazing time here. It's been great being in the country again and being able to experience how a larger base runs and operates. It's also been really great speaking with people who have been to Uganda, who understand the craziness of life out there. There's also a deep sense of fulfillment that I get when I'm able to serve practically like we have been able to since we arrived last week. It's hard to believe that we've been here for six days now. It seems like we've been away from the big city for a lot longer than just six days. Part of me is looking forwards to returning to our base, but another part of me will be sad to leave.


On Sunday afternoon we're heading back to YWAM Urban Key London. We're getting straight into things as a film seminar is starting on Monday and we're going to be a part of that, I'm not sure of the details of what's happening there as we've been away from base for almost a week now and . I'll post about that when I find out about that. I'm not sure what to expect because I've not done anything with filming beyond taking still photographs for my own pleasure. I have a vague idea of how a movie is made, from what I've seen over the last few with the media projects we've been working on, and from the 'behind the scenes' of some of my favourite films, like The Lord of the Rings (problem with my doing that is that I now know too much of how they made those films, though it still means that they're my favourite movies). As I said I'll post as soon as I can with any news in regards to what we're going to be doing next week and the weeks there after.

The captions: the first photo is of The King's Lodge, this is the front of the building, which looks onto the road; the second photograph is of the ground in front of The King's Lodge, this is where the inflatables were set up; and the third photograph is the view of the drive, which runs up to the main entrance.

Until next time.